Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Mumbai "not meri jaan"

I am doing my summer internship in Mumbai. Like every other soul, I was excited about interning in Mumbai. I had made many plans as to what I would do and what I wuld achieve. Like every other dreamer, I had dreamt about how my time would fly in this so called "happening" city. I had this dogmatic view that I was lucky enough to get an internship in Mumbai. Mumbai is this and Mumbai is that, so on and so forth. I thought I would make best use of this opportunity and have as many irons in the fire as possible.
But sooner than later I realised that all that glitters is not gold. Little did I know that I would be left to let the grass grow under my feet. Little did I know that there would be no work atal and that I would be treated as a disposable washrag. Not that the people in office are rude or something but just that when you are left to sip on coffee all day and do nothing constructive it definitely gets on yur nerves. And this is exaclty what is happening to me.
Time in Mumbai (in the day time) drags slow and comatose and fun is incspicuous by its absence. A soporophic droning fills the air around me. The weather coupled with the local tranport adds to my miserey.
A pleasant change from all this is PUNE. The city which is my second home. Whenever I need to destress myself (I am stressed f boredom) I run to Pune (which happens quite often). It gives me immense happiness. I have some of the bestest friends here with whom life is a roller coaster ride. One doesnt have to be a person of indomitable spirit and great courage to face the hardships in Mumbai but it definitely needs a strong will power. I may lack that but I dont mind. Atleast it gives me a reason to be in the place I enjoy and be at ease with myself. My vocal distress over my plight in Mumbai will draw nothing less than passionless nods and it may not seem a big thing but thats ok. I want to be HAPPY and I know where and what gives me happiness.

No comments: