Wednesday, August 8, 2007

A perfect Holiday!

What are the ingredients required for a puuurrrffeeecct holiday?
Great place, even greater people, good food and good wine. :P
And all these ingredients were there in my vacation to Chandigarh, Manali, Simla and Chail. It was a short vacation but a funfilled one.
Of all the places i went I loved Manali the most. It was so picturesque that one could just sit outside ones room and admire the view for hours together without getting bored. It was as if I was living a movie. The air stirred, the sun slipped behind a cloud and then came a slight drizzle which stopped in no time making the atmosphere a lil sleepy and misty. It was a sight worth seeing.
The Vishisht Temple lane had its own charm. More than the temple the approach to the temple was mesmerising. It was a typical "pahadi" feel. I just can't explain how intoxicating it was.
Rohtang Pass was another major tourist place there. It is the highest point in Himachal pradesh. It is 13500 ft above sea level.. Phew! the road to Rohtang was breathtaking. Snow capped mountains, glaciers, streams throughout the way... It was amazing! the whole place was so good that it puntured the pores and raked my senses.
Simla was another sight all together. Although it was not as picturesque as Manali, the place had a different feel to it. The mall road in Simla was d ultimate place to be in. Happy thoughts are the only thoughts one would think there. The place is such that youthfulness which has deserted people would find a new life there. I am not very good with words but all I can say is that the place rocked!
On the whole, it was a great place and I had a wonderful time with my family and my cousin. Would do an encore soon.

No comments: